Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Review of Pasta Pronto in Delmar, California

     I recently stopped by Pasta Pronto in Delmar, Cal. for lunch. Pasta Pronto is open for lunch and dinner. They also have a deli case for takeout orders and catering services. With a name like Pasta Pronto, you may not expect delicious gluten free food. However, Pasta Pronto has gluten free entrees on the lunch and dinner menu. There are also gluten free sandwiches, takeout meals and desserts in the deli case. From the exterior, Pasta Pronto looks like a typical, mall based Southern California restaurant. Don’t be fooled by Pasta Pronto’s unassuming exterior. The restaurant is a hidden gem for anyone with gluten sensitivity. 

    Pasta Pronto is a small café, which can only be described as cozy. The atmosphere is perfect for a casual lunch or an intimate dinner. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with small tables, booths and Italian theme, art deco paintings. There is also an outdoor dining area. As of late august, Pasta Pronto’s menu had a delightful selection of gluten free entrees, sandwiches, soup and desserts. The service is one of the nicest things about dining at Pasta Pronto. When I arrived for lunch, I informed the wait staff that I was gluten intolerant, and I asked for a gluten free menu. Before showing me to the dining area, the hostess pointed out the gluten free selections in the deli case and on the menu. She assured me the cook was knowledgeable about cross contamination and gluten free food preparation. For lunch, I ordered a gluten free quinoa, artichoke, asparagus and tomato salad topped with melted parmesan cheese. Meals are served with bread and pickles. I was surprised when the waitress brought me a separate bread tray with piping hot gluten free bread and butter. My meal arrived within 20 minutes of my order. The quinoa dish was a zesty blend of sauted asparagus, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and spices with a topping of baked parmesan cheese. Despite the generous serving, the meal was so savory that I wanted more.  Pasta Pronto is worth visiting. On my next trip to San Diego, I plan to eat there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment